- Materials Management
Materials Management is dedicated to advancing Northern Illinois University’s academic and operational objectives by providing courteous, cost-effective and expeditious services to our customers. With a dedicated staff committed to providing excellence in customer service, we work together to ensure the university’s needs are met. We conduct our business to allow for both routine and spontaneous response to the needs of the campus and always in view of the guidelines established by the university and by the state of Illinois.
Materials Management’s vision is to work cohesively as one team, combining the strength of six departments to provide the best service to the university community. We strive to provide necessary products and services with excellent customer service to support all Northern Illinois University’s campuses. Through technical upgrades and continuous improvements that will assist our customers in conducting university business, we can contribute to the success of our students’ academic future.
- Campus Mail Services – timely, accurate processing of mail
- Central Stores – product resale
- Central Receiving – expedite daily receipts
- Distribution Services – deliver mail/freight; provide surplus pick-up and delivery
- Flooring and Window Coverings – flooring, furniture repair and window treatment services
- Property Control – asset management services