Housing and Residential Services
If you are thinking about attending NIU you might have many questions about your housing and dining options. You may be wondering where you'll live on campus and what amenities you'll have in your room. Or maybe you are trying to create a budget and you need to calculate the cost of living in a residence hall versus commuting from home or off-campus. We're here to help you!
- Start by comparing our residence halls.
- Discover the wide variety of unique living-learning opportunities.
- Check out our meal plan options. There's one to fit your lifestyle.
- Learn more about on-campus dining venues. You'll have a lot of menus to choose from.
- Schedule a tour to see our residence halls in person.
- Read our frequently asked questions.
- Choose a room and meal plan for fall 2019.
- Make a bed loft request for this fall.
- Housing employment opportunities: ResTech Helpdesk Computer Technician and Marketing and Social Media Assistant.
- Volunteer for Team NIU and help incoming students on move-in day this August. Registration closes August 5.
- Parents/guardians: Surprise your student with a care package delivered to their residence hall. Our care package program helps support the Residence Hall Association.
- Neptune East is getting a refresh with air conditioning and new single room options!
- Learn about the new Huskie Block and Huskie Classic meal plans.
Northern View Community move-in day is Friday, August 16.