Accessibility at NIU
- Accommodations for students - Disability Resource Center.
- Accommodations for employees.
- Campus activities and events - request the sponsoring department for accommodations.
Parking and Transportation
Technology and Communications
- Accessible Technology Policy.
- Purchasing, Developing, Maintaining and Using Accessible Technology Policy.
- Technology accessibility.
- NIU website accessibility tips.
State and Federal Laws
- Illinois Information Technology Accessibility Act 2.0.
- Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Section 508 Standards for Electronic and Information Technology.
Accessibility Statement for Syllabi
Faculty are strongly encouraged to include the NIU Accessibility Statement for Syllabi on all syllabi. Students have the right to request disability-related accommodations whether or not this statement is on the syllabus.
Disability Resource Center
(Accommodations for students)
Health Services Building, Fourth Floor
Phone: 815-753-1303 (voice/TTY)
Presidential Commission on Persons with Disabilities
(University-wide advocate promoting awareness, educating the university community and assisting individuals on disability-related issues)
Information Technology Accessibility Officer