On-campus Parking Restrictions
NIU has increased the number of parking lots that require a parking permit 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Vehicles that are not permitted may be ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense.
Tickets may still be paid or appealed on our website. Forms may also be sent via mail or placed in the drop box on the east side of the Parking Services office building, located at 121 Normal Road, DeKalb, IL 60115.
Visitor Pay Lot Opening
The visitor pay lot will be open May 3 through July 30 to allow parking for individuals that visit campus and have a valid parking permit.
- The visitor lot will continue to be patrolled from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Vehicles will be required to display a NIU blue, orange, yellow, retiree or visitor parking permit in order to park in the visitor lot. Green permits will not be accepted in the visitor lot during this time.
- Individuals who hold green permits may purchase a temporary permit online, at the $5 daily fee. After purchase, you will print off your temporary permit to display on your dashboard.
- Handicapped parking is available is in the visitor lot. Individuals who require handicapped parking spaces must display their handicapped permit in addition to their NIU permit
- City's Safe Streets program: street parking will no longer be available and overnight parking is banned in certain neighborhoods. Learn how DeKalb parking ordinances may affect you.