Housing and Residential Services
If you are thinking about attending NIU you might have many questions about your housing and dining options. You may be wondering where you'll live on campus and what amenities you'll have in your room. Or maybe you are trying to create a budget and you need to calculate the cost of living in a residence hall versus commuting from home or off-campus. We're here to help you!
- Start by comparing our residence halls.
- Discover the wide variety of unique living-learning opportunities.
- Check out our meal plan options. There's one to fit your lifestyle.
- Learn more about on-campus dining venues. You'll have a lot of menus to choose from.
- Schedule a tour to see our residence halls in person.
- Read our frequently asked questions.
- Find out about 2020-2021 room selection.
- Be a volunteer tour guide this fall and show off your residence hall to prospective students.
- Volunteer for Team NIU and help incoming students on move-in day this August. Registration closes August 5.
- Parents/guardians: Surprise your student with a care package delivered to their residence hall. Our care package program helps support the Residence Hall Association.
- Learn about the new Huskie Block and Huskie Classic meal plans.
If you are staying:
- The front desks will be closed from 10 a.m. Wednesday until 4 p.m. Saturday
- Package pickup will be on hold during that time.
- You'll still be able to pick up mail from your mailbox during the break.
If you are leaving:
- Turn off and unplug your computer.
- Leave your MicroFridge plugged in on setting 2.
- Turn off your alarm clock and take out the trash.
- Close your windows and curtains and turn off your lights.
- Take any valuables with you and don't forget to lock your door!
Northern View Community move-in day is Friday, August 16.