Dining will be an important part of your NIU experience, so we want to make it pleasurable and easy to manage. We'll help you optimize your overall experience, guide you in your meal plan selection, and offer convenient places to eat both on and off campus. We'll even help you make informed meal planning decisions by providing nutritional and allergen information for the food we serve in our All You Care to Eat dining centers. Remember those convenient places to eat? Let us show you what those places are, where they are, and if Dining Dollars and Huskie Bucks are welcome!
That's not all! From residential dining centers, to retail, and even catering, Campus Dining Services manages it all. So whether you're looking for a snack, meal, or employment opportunity, we're here to serve you.
University Closure Announcement
Due to inclement weather, Northern Illinois University will be closed Monday, November 26, 2018.
Campus Dining Services will remain open with limited hours at Neptune and New Hall dining. All other operations will remain closed.
Neptune Dining will be open from 9:30 a.m. and will close at 7 p.m.
New Hall Dining will be open from 9:30 a.m. and will close at 7 p.m.
Residence Hall Dining Hours
- Neptune and New Hall Dining will open for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner meals, closing between meals. Breakfast will be served Monday-Friday. Lunch and Dinner will be served daily.
- Breakfast hours will be 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
- Lunch hours will be 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Dinner hours will be 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Dining Dollars vs. Flex Dollars
- Know the difference between Dining Dollars, Flex Dollars, and Huskie Bucks
- Dining Dollars can be added to any meal plan or added as a stand-alone meal plan. Prior to Fall 2020, these funds were called Flex Dollars. The decision to change the name to Dining Dollars was to help associate the plan as part of a Campus Dining Meal Plan. Add Dining Dollars today.
- Due to the current closures of all Campus Dining operations at NIU, summer meal plans will not be made available to purchase at this time.
- Fall 2020 meal plans are available to select for those students enrolled for fall semester classes. Plans are available for residence hall students, as well as those living off-campus.
Confused on Meal Plan Options?
- Whether you are a residence hall student or one living off-campus, Campus Dining has a meal plan right for you. Need help deciding which is right? Check out some ways to keep up-to-date and helpful information.
- Check out our video as we walk through the meal plans, how they work, and where you can use them.
- Sign up for our Campus Dining text notification program by texting the word "DINING" to 41411.
- Follow us on social media from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Where to Eat and Hours
- Looking for a place to eat? The Where to Eat webpage shows all Campus Dining Service's locations, as well as hours of operation. Utilize this resource to stay in the know!
- Are you more of an app person? You can find all of this information and more by using the NIU Mobile App.
Exciting new options in the renovated Holmes Student Center
All three new operations are located on the refreshed ground floor level of the building. Come for the new study spaces, stay for the food and drink...or vice versa!