Dining will be an important part of your NIU experience, so we want to make it pleasurable and easy to manage. We'll help you optimize your overall experience, guide you in your meal plan selection, and offer convenient places to eat both on and off campus. We'll even help you make informed meal planning decisions by providing nutritional and allergen information for the food we serve in our All You Care to Eat dining centers. Remember those convenient places to eat? Let us show you what those places are, where they are, and if Dining Dollars and Huskie Bucks are welcome!
That's not all! From residential dining centers, to retail, and even catering, Campus Dining Services manages it all. So whether you're looking for a snack, meal, or employment opportunity, we're here to serve you.
University Closure Announcement
Due to inclement weather, Northern Illinois University will be closed Monday, November 26, 2018.
Campus Dining Services will remain open with limited hours at Neptune and New Hall dining. All other operations will remain closed.
Neptune Dining will be open from 9:30 a.m. and will close at 7 p.m.
New Hall Dining will be open from 9:30 a.m. and will close at 7 p.m.
- Residential Student meal plans reset each calendar week. Reset occurs 12:00 am Sunday morning.
- Off-Campus Student meal plans expire at the end of the semester.
- All meal plans for the Fall semester offer meal swipes in Residential Dining, meal exchange swipes in retail (excluding Starbucks), and Dining Dollars to be used at all Campus Dining locations.
- All meal plans have a daily limit of 5 meal swipes, regardless of location or meal type.
- Meal Exchange is the use of a weekly or semester meal swipe in exchange for a specified combination of items from a retail dining operation. Combinations vary by location, check location for details.
- All fall 2020 meal plans include meal exchange option.
- Meal Exchange swipes at locations within Holmes Student Center are available from 1 pm until close. HSC locations include Depot C-Store, Grill at Huskie Den, and QDOBA.
- Meal Exchange swipes at Stevenson Retail Dining and Caribou Coffee & Einstein Bros. Bagels are available all day.
Where to Eat and Hours
- Looking for a place to eat? The Where to Eat webpage shows all Campus Dining Service's locations, as well as hours of operation. Utilize this resource to stay in the know!
- Are you more of an app person? You can find all of this information and more by using the NIU Mobile App.
Dining Dollars vs. Huskie Bucks
- Know the difference between Dining Dollars and Huskie Bucks
- Dining Dollars can be added to any meal plan or added as a stand-alone meal plan. Add Dining Dollars today.
- You can use Dining Dollars at all Campus Dining Services locations. Learn where you can use Dining Dollars.
Security Measures for Residence Halls
Residence Halls remain closed to non-residents in an effort to Protect the Pack.
Access is granted if you live there OR dining operations are open and you have a meal plan.
Check Your Balance
Wondering how many meals you have left today, this week, this semester?
You can use eAccounts to view your current meal plan balance, Dining Dollars balance, even Huskie Bucks balance.Check your meal plan balance
Optionally use the web based system above, or you can use the Transact eAccounts mobile app.