Campus Dining Service's hours of operation through the end of spring 2020 semester will be adjusted and are listed below.
Please continue to monitor NIU's updates page for more information.
Residential Dining Operations
*Update with all residence students now within New Hall East and West, Neptune Dining will remain closed for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester.
- New Hall Dining will serve pre-packaged meals 7-days per week for lunch and dinner starting Monday, March 30, 2020.
- Lunch 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Dinner 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- All meals will be pre-packaged and must be taken to-go from the facility. There will be a limitation of two meals per student.
- Lunch and dinner meals will include an entree, a side and a drink.
- A protein and a vegan option will be made available. Those with dietary restrictions, please contact the dining unit for accommodations.
- Campus Dining staff will hand meal items to the students at the entrance of the facility, minimizing any unnecessary exposure.
- NIU OneCard ID must be presented to receive meal items.
- If a line is to develop while waiting, please maintain a 6-foot radius from the next person waiting.
- All other residential dining locations will remain closed for the remainder of the spring semester. Locations include:
Neptune Dining, Stevenson Retail Dining, and Gilbert Dining
Retail Dining Operations
- All retail dining locations will remain closed for the remainder of the spring semester. Locations include:
East Side Café, Dog Pound C-Store, Sandella's in DuSable, Three Sons Bistro, Starbucks , Grill at Huskie Den, The Depot C-Store, and Caribou Coffee & Einstein Bros. Bagels.
*Hours are subject to change. For up-to-date hours for all locations, please visit our Where to Eat webpage using go.niu.edu/eat.
Dining will be an important part of your NIU experience, so we want to make it pleasurable and easy to manage. We'll help you optimize your overall experience, guide you in your meal plan selection, and offer convenient places to eat both on and off campus. We'll even help you make informed meal planning decisions by providing nutritional and allergen information for the food we serve in our All You Care to Eat dining centers. Remember those convenient places to eat? Let us show you what those places are, where they are, and if Flex Dollars and Huskie Bucks are welcome!
That's not all! From residential dining centers, to retail, and even catering, Campus Dining Services manages it all. So whether you're looking for a snack, meal, or employment opportunity, we're here to serve you.
University Closure Announcement
Due to inclement weather, Northern Illinois University will be closed Monday, November 26, 2018.
Campus Dining Services will remain open with limited hours at Neptune and New Hall dining. All other operations will remain closed.
Neptune Dining will be open from 9:30 a.m. and will close at 7 p.m.
New Hall Dining will be open from 9:30 a.m. and will close at 7 p.m.
Spring 2020 Flex Rollover
- Due to the current closures of retail dining at NIU, changes have been made to the weekly rollover of Flex Dollars
- Flex Dollars for Block Plans will continue to accumulate during this time period until at least after retail operations reopen.
Confused on Meal Plan Options?
- Whether you are a residence hall student or one living off-campus, Campus Dining has a meal plan right for you. Need help deciding which is right? Check out some ways to keep up-to-date and helpful information.
- Check out our video as we walk through the meal plans, how they work, and where you can use them.
- Sign up for our Campus Dining text notification program by texting the word "DINING" to 41411.
- Follow us on social media from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Where to Eat and Hours
- Looking for a place to eat? The Where to Eat webpage shows all Campus Dining Service's locations, as well as hours of operation. Utilize this resource to stay in the know!
- Are you more of an app person? You can find all of this information and more by using the NIU Mobile App.
- Know the difference between Flex Dollars, Dining Dollars, and Huskie Bucks
- Flex Dollars can be added to any meal plan or added as a stand-alone meal plan. Starting in Fall 2020, we are changing the name of Flex Dollars to Dining Dollars to help associate the plan as part of a Campus Dining Meal Plan. Add Flex Dollars/Dining Dollars today.
Exciting new options in the renovated Holmes Student Center
All three new operations are located on the refreshed ground floor level of the building. Come for the new study spaces, stay for the food and drink...or vice versa!