Room and Table Reservations
Need a meeting room for your organization's upcoming organizational meeting? We have a number of rooms available on campus in Grant, Neptune and Stevenson for eligible student organizations looking to host a meeting that meets the requirements below. You can also request a table reservation at some locations in the residence halls.
Everyone attending your meeting must be a member of your organization and listed in your organization roster in Huskie Link. You cannot reserve a room in the residence halls for recruitment meetings, meetings where non-organization members will participate, or meetings that are open to the public.
You will be able to request a reservation during the fall and spring semesters.
Can I request a reservation?
- Your organization must be affiliated with NIU and recognized by the Student Association.
- Everyone attending your meeting must be a member of your organization. You cannot reserve a room in the residence halls for recruitment meetings, meetings where non-organization members will participate, or meetings that are open to the public.
- Everyone participating in your meeting must follow the Residence Hall Handbook and the Student Code of Conduct.
- You can't bring any outside food, but you can have Campus Dining cater your meeting (and they have a huge catering menu!)
- You must be able to explain how your meeting or tabling purpose benefits the residents of the hall where you are requesting a space.
|Grant D Formal Room 133||Computer, projector, sound.|
|Neptune Northeast Room 110|
|Neptune Southeast Room 109||Computer, projector, sound.|
|Neptune Smart Classroom 120||Computer, projector, sound.|
|Stevenson North (C/D) Fishbowl 103|
|Stevenson North Multipurpose Room 113||Computer, projector, sound.|
|Stevenson South (A/B) Fishbowl 185|
|Stevenson South Smart Classroom 175||Computer, projector, sound.|
- We reserve the right to modify your request after confirmation at any time based on the needs of Housing and Residential Services.
- You must make a request at least five business days before your reservation date. A two-week notice is preferred.
- Fronting is not allowed. Fronting is defined as an eligible campus-based user, student organization, or individual reserving a space for another person or group. Misrepresentation of the identity of the true client for any reason is prohibited and may result in fees, possible loss of future scheduling privileges and/or student conduct referrals.
- Transparency/full disclosure of the meeting activity is critical to success. While we respect your privacy, full disclosure of meeting details and plans are necessary to ensure appropriate assignment of space, meeting support, and usage of space. Failure to fully disclose meeting activity may result in additional clean up fees, possible loss of future scheduling privileges and/or student conduct referrals for the registered student organization.
- You may not bring in any equipment to amplify sound/music in the requested space.
- Room reservations
- Rooms are available Monday through Friday 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday noon to 11 p.m.
- Your meeting must be contained in the space your have requested and cannot promote an "open-door atmosphere" style meeting. All participants must be contained in your requested meeting room and cannot spill out into other public areas during your scheduled time.
- At the conclusion of your meeting, all non-residence hall participants must leave the applicable complex, or be registered as an invited guest of a resident.
- Table reservations
- Tables are available Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Only SA-recognized organizations or university departments are permitted to reserve tables
- Each building has designated locations for each assigned table.
- The organization or department will be responsible for any costs incurred for table or chairs which are not returned, damaged or dirty.
- Only blue painters tape is permitted for use on the tables. No other types of tape, paint or ink may be used.
- A representative must check in at the residence hall front desk and will receive their designated table location at that time.
- All table reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The exchanging of money or sales of any kind is not permitted. Please contact Student Involvement and Leadership Development for the locations of tables where money can be exchanged.