Work Request Office Student Worker
We got your application. Thanks!
Residential Facilities maintains all the residence halls at NIU. As an employee in this office, you will work on a team with fellow undergraduate students, graduate assistants and full-time staff. The WRO student worker position requires the applicant have the ability to work in a team setting, follow specific orders, and work in an office and out in the field setting. A WRO student worker schedule will be 10-15 hours per week between the hours of 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Supports both Housing and Residential Services and Residential Dining.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet browser, etc.
- Perform MicroFridge, battery and furniture swaps across campus.
- Inspect resident rooms and public spaces within the residence halls.
- Conduct physical inventory of university property.
- Perform data entry into work order system.
- Customer service.
- Comfortable in answering phone calls and emails.
- Other duties as assigned.
Some of these duties require minor physical labor and periods of time standing. Please be aware that by applying for this position you understand these conditions and are willing to do so.
- Possess an outstanding attention to detail.
- Have excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to learn fast and pick up new skills quickly.
- Self-directed with excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrate a proven record of high dependability.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be enrolled for minimum of 6 credit hours as an NIU student.
- Available to work throughout the year, including semester breaks and summer.
- Experience in customer service preferable.
- Experience living in the residence halls preferable.
- Have positive attitude about residential living and motivated to make improvements.
- Have a current and valid driver's license.
- Available to work approximately 10-15 hours per week.
- Be in good standing with the Student Conduct Office.
- Successfully pass an Illinois State security background check.
Starting Pay Rate
$8.75 per hour.