Residential Services Team Student Office Assistant
We have received your application.
The Residential Services Team Student Office Assistant position requires the applicant to be able to work independently, organize large volumes of paperwork, follow specific guidelines, and possess excellent attention to detail. A student in this position must be highly dependable and able to work a minimum of 10 hours per week between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Supports Housing and Residential Services
- Assists in the coordination and processing of student hiring paperwork
- Meticulously reviews multiple forms and verifies accuracy
- Assists in filing and maintaining staff personnel files
- Assists in maintaining time Housing calendar with staff time off requests
- Copies, faxes and files forms
- Inventory control of hall forms, conference and candidate materials
- Creates and makes entries into multiple Excel spreadsheets
- Updates and creates forms, Power Point presentations, training materials, etc.
- Walks to other offices on campus when necessary
- Assists with additional clerical duties including shredding, projects and much more
- Possess an outstanding attention to detail
- Have excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to learn fast and pick up new skills quickly
- Self-directed with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrate a proven record of high dependability
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to create Power Point Presentations
- Experience maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Available to work a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Must be enrolled for minimum of 6 credit hours as an NIU student
- Be in good standing with the Student Conduct Office
- Successfully pass an Illinois State security background check
- Available to work throughout the year, including semester breaks and summer
Starting Pay Rate
$8.75 per hour.