Participating in a Blackboard Collaborate Session
With Blackboard Collaborate, you can meet virtually online with your faculty and classmates, yet engage and interact as if you were in a traditional classroom. Blackboard Collaborate includes two-way audio, multi-point video, interactive whiteboard, application and desktop sharing, breakout rooms, and session recording. These tools are at your fingertips and easy to use.
Blackboard Collaborate is also a great tool for hosting club meetings or creating a collaborative workspace for members of your community.
Tips on Participating in a Session
- Find a comfortable place with no distractions.
- Before your first session visit Blackboard Collaborate Help - Getting Started.
- Plug in your webcam and microphone, if they are not built into your computer. For best results, use headphones with a built-in microphone.
- Watch the Interface Tour video below, and explore the Tutorials and Quick Guides to the right
- Be sure to join the session 5 – 10 minutes prior to the start.
- Setup your audio and video when you first join a session.
- Call into the session via telephone if your audio is not working well.
- Participate in the session by responding to polls and providing feedback to the moderator.
- Raise your hand by clicking the hand icon when you have a question or a comment.
- Use Chat to send text messages to other participants and the moderator during the session.
- Remember that running other applications on your computer can slow your connection to the session.
Participate from a Mobile Device
You can participate in a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session directly from your mobile device directly in your browser (Safari on an iPhone or Chrome on an Android phone). On your mobile device, you are able to fully interact during the session:
- Join live classes or meetings
- Share audio and video
- Interact via text chat
- View content shared by the instructor
- Use whiteboard tools
- Use emoticons, hand raising, polls, breakout rooms
When participating from a mobile device, you will have the best experience over Wi-Fi.
Last updated: 8/24/2020
- Getting Started for Participants
- Browser Support
- Participant FAQs
- Session Best Practices