Contacting the Electrical Engineering Department
We're here for you! The Department of Electrical Engineering is accepting virtual and phone meetings. To schedule a virtual meeting or phone meeting please contact the office at 815-753-1290 or email email@example.com to arrange a time. We will respond to your request as soon as we are able. Thank you for your patience!
Almost everything in today's world runs on electricity, and there is a strong demand for electrical engineers. Our electrical engineering program will teach you the concepts behind common electrical systems and devices. You'll learn how to develop and operate technology that generates and uses electricity. As you learn innovative ways to improve people's lives, you'll benefit from:
- State-of-the-art facilities, including robotics, microelectronics design and sensor labs including one of the largest microelectronic fabrication “clean room” laboratories in the Midwest for manufacturing computer chips and advanced sensors.
- One of the most advanced anechoic chambers for noise cancellation and biomedical systems research.
- Dedicated faculty with expertise in wireless communications, automated sensors, microelectronics, alternative energy and other fields.
- Hands-on preparation for your career with opportunities to participate in research and development are infant cry language recognition, hearing aids systems, drug delivery using nanoparticles, 3-dimensional chips design and fabrication for building computers on a chip, autonomous systems, self-driving vehicle, engineering of particle accelerator, and sensor networking and the Internet of Things.
- Exciting and lucrative career potential. Our graduates have found jobs at the most advanced global companies such as Intel, Texas Instrument, IBM, Motorola, Commonwealth Edison, Tesla, GE, GM, Ford, Collins Aerospace, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, Omron, Boeing, Woodward, Navistar, and Qualcomm, in addition to hundreds of advanced companies that work in the cutting edge of technology.
- Opportunity to earn to specialize in the design of microelectronic chips, solar cells, computer systems, nano-devices, sensors, nanoparticles for drug delivery, artificial intelligence, smart cities, accelerators, digital signal processing, communication, microwave systems, medical instrumentations, and many others.
Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering
Minors and Certificates
Faculty and Staff
|Mansoor Alam, Ph.D.||Professor and Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org||EB 332|
|Ibrahim M. Abdel-Motaleb, Ph.D., P.E.||Professoremail@example.com||EB 200|
|Veysel Demir, Ph.D.||Associate Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||EB 352|
|Hasan Ferdowsi, Ph.D.||Assistant Professoremail@example.com||EB 348|
|Benedito Fonseca, Ph.D.||Associate Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||EB 344|
|Venumadhav Korampally, Ph.D.||Associate Professoremail@example.com||EB 340|
|Lichuan Liu, Ph.D.||Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||EB 342|
|Edward Miguel||Instructoremail@example.com||EB 337|
|Mohammad Moghimi, Ph.D.||Assistant Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||EB 346|
|Mansour Tahernezhadi, Ph.D.||Senior Associate Dean and Professoremail@example.com||EB 321E|
|Donald S. Zinger, Ph.D.||Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||EB 336|