- College of Engineering and Engineering Technology
- Academic Departments and Programs
- Electrical Engineering
- Mission and Program Outcomes
Mission and Program Outcomes
The Department of Electrical Engineering supports the university and college visions by aspiring to be a competitive leader in the advancement of electrical engineering principles and practices. The mission of the Department of Electrical Engineering is to provide exemplary education, research, and outreach to benefit industry, government and the community at large.
Program Educational Objectives
We prepare our graduates for professional careers by giving them skills in engineering, science and communication. They demonstrate these skills by:
- Finding employment in related fields.
- Pursuing advanced study and/or life-long learning opportunities.
- Participating in professional and entrepreneurial activities.
- Using their skills ethically to benefit humanity.
- Communicating effectively, within and outside of the profession.
- Accepting cultural differences and participating in teams effectively.
- Realizing the importance of meeting customers' needs.
Northern Illinois University electrical engineering baccalaureate graduates are trained to begin professional careers that apply a broad base of engineering, science, and communication skills. Graduates demonstrate these skills by:
- Utilizing concepts learned in electrical engineering in a professional field through:
- Employment in a related field.
- Pursuing advanced studies.
- Adapting to changes in the profession through embracing life-long learning.
- Contributing to the profession through:
- Continued involvement in activities that advance the profession.
- Participating in entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Using their skills ethically for the benefit of society.
- Displaying excellent interpersonal skills through:
- Effectively communicating ideas orally and in writing within and outside the profession.
- Embracing diversity and different points of view.
- Effectively participating in dynamic teams.
- Realizing the importance of satisfying customers and their needs.