Vision and Mission
We shape students into engineers who can improve the world. Equipped with the skills and knowledge we provide, they're prepared to meet the needs of our increasingly technology-based society. By emphasizing real-world experience, our programs also serve to enhance local communities.
To endow our constituents with skills and credentials to meet the global and technological challenges of a changing society.
An unwavering commitment to the creation and dissemination of technical knowledge for educating and training the northern Illinois community through highest levels of academic and public service programs.
PrioritiesIn achieving our vision and mission, we:
- Assist students in reaching their educational and career goals.
- Assess learning outcomes of students to national standards.
- Provide comprehensive practice-based degree and certification programs.
- Support the modernization efforts of the neighboring industries.
- Enhance the economic development of the state of Illinois.
- Support lifelong learning goals of the Illinois community.
- Provide a global perspective to the learning environment at the college.
- Aim for the highest recognition of college activities.
- Disseminate information to promote awareness of engineering and technology.
- Maintain excellence through continuous quality improvement.
- Continue the highest level of accreditation for all college programs.
- Enable student success and growth through comprehensive support.
- Maintain a highly qualified faculty and staff.
- Promote the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Promote understanding of ecological issues.
Our faculty, staff and students will maintain a continuing tradition of public service through high quality academic and research programs. We will focus on the following shared values:
- Recognize that, as administrators, faculty, staff and students, we have a personal responsibility to build the integrity of the college.
- Apply sound engineering judgment, making informed decisions, employing prudent management practices and providing quality services.
- Strive to understand and personally meet the needs of our customers.
- Encourage creativity, imagination and innovation.
- Respect diversity and all individuals regardless of differences.
- Be responsive, professional and ethical in all internal and external relationships.