The Department of Mechanical Engineering is open on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-4:30 p.m.
Otherwise, we are open virtually and can also be reached via telephone 815-753-9979. Please contact Beatrice Kooken at email@example.com to arrange for a phone meeting or a virtual meeting via Microsoft Teams. We will respond to your request as soon as we are able. Thank you for your understanding.
Mechanical engineering requires both creativity and analytical skills. Our program will give you an understanding of the systems and components used in manufacturing, energy conversion and solid/fluid mechanics. You'll learn how to design and manufacture devices and products that improve people's lives. The hands-on experience you gain will prepare you for a career in fields such as robotics, automotive technology and computer-aided design/manufacturing.
You'll benefit from:
- Internship opportunities with regional industries.
- Ability to participate in Robotics Club and other student organizations.
- Research experience with the latest technologies.
- Dedicated faculty with expertise in areas like swarm technology, biomechanics and robotics.
- B.S. in mechanical engineering
- Advanced computing and simulation emphasis
- Sustainable energy emphasis
- Robotics and controls emphasis
- B.S. in mechanical engineering at Rock Valley College
- Minor in mechanical engineering