Mechanical engineering requires both creativity and analytical skills. Our program will give you an understanding of the systems and components used in manufacturing, energy conversion and solid/fluid mechanics. You'll learn how to design and manufacture devices and products that improve people's lives. The hands-on experience you gain will prepare you for a career in fields such as robotics, automotive technology and computer-aided design/manufacturing.
You'll benefit from:
- Internship opportunities with regional industries.
- Ability to participate in Robotics Club and other student organizations.
- Research experience with the latest technologies.
- Dedicated faculty with expertise in areas like swarm technology, biomechanics and robotics.
- B.S. in mechanical engineering
- Advanced computing and simulation emphasis
- Sustainable energy emphasis
- Robotics and controls emphasis
- B.S. in mechanical engineering at Rock Valley College
- Minor in mechanical engineering