Venumadhav Korampally, Ph.D.
|Office Location:||EB 340|
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Missouri (2007)
- M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Missouri (2004)
- Chemical/Biological sensors
- Bio-Nano photonics
- Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS)
- High-Current Electron Sources for Superconducting Radiofrequency Injectors, funded by U.S. Department of Energy
- Development of Ultra-Cold Quantum-Degenerate Relativistic Electron Beams for Research and Application, funded by National Science Foundation
- "Patterning of ultra low refractive index high surface area nanoparticulate films," U.S. Patent No. 8,859,050
- "Organosilicate nanoparticles and method for making," U.S. Patent No. 8,873,918
- "Reusable PCR amplification system and method," U.S. Patent No. 8,545,769
- "Nano-gap grating devices with enhanced optical property and fabrication thereof," Application No. 14/081,353 (filed November 2013)
Professional Associations and Honors
- Best elevator pitch award in engineering at the 2010 Missouri Technology Expo, Columbia, Missouri.
- 2nd place poster award, 2010 Missouri Nanofrontiers Symposium, for the poster on "Ultrasensitive Detection of TNT by Fluorescence Quenching on Porous Organosilicate Films"
- 3rd place award, 2007 Research and Creative Activities Forum, University of Missouri
- 3rd place award, 2006 Research and Creative Activities Forum, University of Missouri
- Hohenberger, E., Freitag, N., Korampally, V. Rapid and high throughput fabrication of high temperature stable structures through PDMS transfer printing. Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering (2017)
- Hohenberger, E., Freitag, N., Rosenmann, D., Korampally, V. A facile route towards large area self-assembled nanoscale silver film morphologies and their applications towards metal enhanced fluorescence. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, vol. 249, pp. 549-557. (2017)
- Bok, S., Korampally, V., Darr, CM, Folk, WR, Polo-Parada, L., Gangopadhyay, K., et. al. Femtogram-level detection of Clostridium botunlinum neurotoxin Type A by sandwich immunoassay using nanoporous substrate and ultra-bright fluorescent suprananoparticles. Biosensors and Bioelectronics, Vol. 41, P. 409. (2013)
- Bhatnagar K, Pathak A, Menke D, Cornish PV, Ganopadhyay K, Korampally V, et al. Fluorescence enhancement from nanogap embedded plasmonic gratings by a novel fabrication technique with HD-DVD. Nanotechnology. 2012; (In Press).
- Sangho B, Venumadhav K, Luis P-P, Vamsi M, Gary AB, Keshab G, et al. Confeito-like assembly of organosilicate-caged fluorophores: ultrabright suprananoparticles for fluorescence imaging. Nanotechnology. 2012; 23 (17):175601.
- Korampally V, Mamidi VK, Harris B, Gangopadhyay K, Baker GA and Gangopadhyay S. (2011). "Sub-Minute Formation of Supported Nanoporous Mesoscale Patterns Programmed by Surface Energy", Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 364: 546.
- Korampally V, Yun M, Thiruvengadathan R, Dasgupta P, Gangopadhyay K and Gangopadhyay S. (2009).
Entropy driven spontaneousformation of highly porous films from polymer-nanoparticle composites. Nanotechnology, 20 (42): 425602.
- Memisevic J, Korampally V, Gangopadhyay S and Grant SA. (2009). Characterization of a novel ultra-low refractive index material for biosensor application. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 141 (1): 227-232.
- Bok S, Korampally V, Polo-Parada L, Folk W, Gangopadhyay K, Dasgupta PK, Gangopadhyay S. (2010). "Novel Nanostructured Platform and Nanoparticles for Sensitive Detection of Biological Materials", Proceedings of the IEEE Sensors Conference, Hawaii.
- Korampally V, Bok S, Harris BC, Mamidi VK, Mukherjee S, Darr CM, Gangopadhyay K, Folk W, Parada LP, Gangopadhyay S. (2010). "Development of a Novel Nanostructured Modular Platform Encompassing Fluorescent Nanoparticles, Nanostructured Microarrays and Metal Nanoislands for Biological Agent Detection", 27th Army Science Conference Proceedings, Orlando, Florida.
- Korampally V, Mukherjee S, Hossain M, Manor R, Yun M, Gangopadhyay K, Gangopadhyay S. (2009). "Development of a miniaturized liquid core waveguide system with nanoporous dielectric cladding – a potential biosensing platform". Sensors Journal 2009, IEEE, 9 (12):1711.
Bok S, Lubguban, AA, Gao Y, Bhattacharya S, Korampally V, Hossain M, Thiruvengadathan R, Gillis KD and Gangopadhyay S. (2008). "Electrochemical Properties of Carbon Nanoparticles Entrapped in a Silica Matrix," Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 155 (5): K91–K95.
Hossain M, Yun M, Korampally V and Gangopadhyay S. (2008). "
Low temperaturecrystallization of amorphous silicon carbide thin films for p–n junction devices fabrication," Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 19: 801-804
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, NIU (2012-present)
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Missouri (2007-2012)