NIU Navigate connects students, advisors and services to promote academic planning and success. It has uses for both students and faculty/staff members.
Navigate is offered as part of NIU's membership in the Educational Advisory Board's Student Success Collaborative, which aims to improve student success, retention and graduation rates on college campuses.
Navigate Student Planner
NIU is pleased to announce a new tool for you to plan your courses for next semester, Navigate Student Planner.
- Planner is an alternative to MyNIU's shopping cart.
- By planning your courses in Navigate Student, you will not have to use MyNIU's shopping cart.
Navigate Planner Resources
- Step 1: Search for and plan classes in Navigate Student Planner (video).
- Step 2: Create a class schedule for next semester (video).
- Step 3: Register for classes in Navigate Student Planner (video).
- Instructions for using Planner (PDF).
Note: Because this is a new system for NIU, unforeseen issues could occur in which the system does not function as expected. If you find this to be the case, you still can use MyNIU to search for the courses you planned in Navigate and register.
Any courses you planned in Navigate, but registered for in MyNIU, will show as registered in Navigate the next day.
Check it out by selecting "Navigate Student via Web" below.
Download and log in to the Navigate Student app to see all your important tasks in one easy-to-view list. The app can also help you locate campus resources and communicate with your advisor. Watch our Intro to Navigate Student video for an overview of its benefits and how-to-use.
Use your student Z-ID and password to log in. If you need help, contact the NIU Service Desk at 815-753-8100 or email@example.com.
If you have a question or need further assistance, submit a Navigate help form. We'll respond within 24 hours (Monday-Friday).
Navigate Student in Apple App Store
Navigate Student in Google Play
Navigate Staff is an online student success management system for advisors, faculty and staff. You can use it to:
- Identify and prioritize students who could benefit from additional assistance.
- Initiate conversations with students who may be experiencing academic or personal challenges.
- Simplify student intervention through campaigns.
- Issue referrals and early alerts/progress reports to initiate proactive student outreach.
If you're logged in to Microsoft applications (i.e., Outlook) with your A-ID, you should be able to access Navigate Staff. If you need help, submit a Navigate help form.