College of Engineering and Engineering Technology
Fuel your curiosity. Pursue your passion. Change the world.
We offer accredited programs in electrical engineering, engineering technology, industrial and systems engineering and mechanical engineering, as well as two new programs in biomedical engineering and mechatronics engineering. Whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student, we have a wide variety of degree and certificate programs to fit your unique skills and goals.
How We're Protecting the Pack
Our top priority at NIU is the health and well-being of our campus community. In response to the rapidly changing developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic, here's how we're Protecting the Pack.
Virtual Advising and Tutoring
Central Advising Office is currently providing virtual academic advising.
- Please download the Microsoft Teams app to your desktop or laptop. To maximize your academic advising experience, we recommend virtual appointments via a desktop or laptop.
- Please contact your academic advisor. If you do not know who your advisor is please check your Student Center in MyNIU.
- For students advised through the Central Advising Office, your Academic Advisor will be sending you appointment invitations via your NIU email. You can always request an appointment anytime by calling 815-753-8024 or email email@example.com.
- If you are advised by a department, please email your faculty advisors directly.
CEET offers Ph.D. programs in electrical, mechanical, and industrial and systems engineering. The programs take advantage of online and on-campus learning. Ph.D. degrees keep NIU students relevant in the rapidly expanding field of engineering.
Why Engineering at NIU?
- Small class sizes
- Accomplished faculty
- More than 35 state-of-the-art labs
- Over 20 clubs and professional societies
- Top ranked for undergraduate engineering programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Affordable tuition
Connect with NIU! Forging partnerships is mutually beneficial to your company and our students. Learn more about how you can join us in investing in the next generation.