- College of Engineering and Engineering Technology
- Faculty and Staff
- Jaejin Hwang
Jaejin Hwang, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering, Ohio State University (2016)
- M.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering, Ajou University (2011)
- B.E. in Industrial and Systems Engineering, Ajou University (2009)
- Healthcare Ergonomics
- Office Ergonomics
- Occupational Biomechanics
- Learning Science
- Biomechanical Evaluation of Exoskeletons during Patient Handling, NIOSH Pilot Project Research Training Program.
- Evaluation of Biomechanical Exposures in the Neck and Upper Extremities during Augmented Reality Interactions, Jaejin Hwang, Office Ergonomics Research Committee.
- Systematic Evaluation of Patient Transfer Devices to Improve Musculoskeletal Health among Caregivers and Patients, NIOSH Pilot Project Research Training Program.
- Usability Evaluation of the French Door Refrigerator Handle, Samsung.
Professional Associations and Honors
- Bagam Paper Award, Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers (2019)
- PI Academy, Northern Illinois University (2016-2017)
- Editorial Board Member – Work (2016-Present)
- Executive Committee Member - International Society for Occupational Ergonomics and Safety (2019-Present)
- Member - Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (2012-Present)
- Member - Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (2012-Present)
- Hwang, J., Kuppam, V. A., Chodraju, S. S. R., Chen, J., Kim, J. H., (2019), “Commercially Available Friction-Reducing Patient-Transfer Devices Reduce Biomechanical Stresses on Caregivers’ Upper Extremities and Low Back,” Human Factors, 61, 1125-1140.
- Kuppam, V. A., Kim, I. S., Penumudi, S. A., and Hwang, J., (2019), “Effects of Leaning Workstation on Oxygenation in the Prefrontal Cortex and Cognitive Performance.” Clinical Archives of Communication Disorders, 4, 83-89.
- Ailneni, R. C., Syamala, K. R., Kim, I. S., and Hwang, J., (2019), "Influence of Wearable Posture Correction Sensor on Head and Neck Posture: Sitting and Standing Workstations," WORK, 62, 27-35.
- Penumudi, S. A., Kim, I. S., Chodraju, S. S. R., Mohler, R., Hwang, J. (2018), “Parkinson’s Patients’ Cognitive and Motor Function While Using a Mouse and Touchscreen,” Clinical Archives of Communication Disorders, 3, 151-157.
- Syamala, K. R., Ailneni, R. C., Kim, J. H., and Hwang, J., (2018), " Armrests and Back Support Reduced Biomechanical Loading in the Neck and Upper Extremities during Mobile Phone Use," Applied Ergonomics, 73, 48-54.