Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award
The Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award honors excellent undergraduate teaching in the university, specifically among the tenure-track and tenured faculty. Recipients of the EUTA will be among the most outstanding teachers on campus. Undergraduate students will play a significant role in nominating faculty for this award.
2020 Award Winners
Department of Philosophy
School of Allied Health and Communicative Disorders
Department of Psychology
Eligibility for Nomination
- An NIU employee with regular teaching responsibilities who is a tenured or tenure-track faculty member.
- Completion of a minimum of five full academic years at NIU.
- Over the last three years, has taught a minimum of six (6) evaluated course sections at the undergraduate level.
- Has not previously received the award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching.
- Is currently not a member of the Committee for the Improvement of Undergraduate Academic Experience.
- Eligibility for nomination is not based on race, sex, age, or other distinction but solely on superiority in teaching.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Cover page with signatures
- Procedures followed at the department and college levels (Boxes 1-2)
- Responses to five prompts regarding the nominee’s accomplishments (Boxes 3-7)
- Letters of recommendation (signed – see instructions; up to 7)
- Curriculum vitae (optional; to be used only to verify facts presented elsewhere)
- Entire nomination assembled into a single PDF document
Please complete the nomination form and email it to the CIUAE in care of the Provost's office firstname.lastname@example.org.