- President Lisa C. Freeman
- Advisory Groups
- Presidential Commission on the Status of Women
- Outstanding Student Awards
Outstanding Women and Gender Advocacy Student Award
This award recognizes students who demonstrate active engagement in women’s issues and gender advocacy. Recipients are recognized at a spring program. Their nominators, family and friends are welcome to attend.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominees must have expected graduation dates during the award year. Seniors, third-year law students and graduate students who will receive their degrees in December, May or August of the award academic year are eligible. Recipients are selected based on meeting one or more of the following criteria:
- Engagement in campus and/or in the community: being a mentor or role model, serving on committees and/or executive boards, participating in organizing efforts, lobbying for policy changes, etc.
- Aspirations: studying an under-represented major or minor, creating or participating in a nonprofit organization, writing a blog focused on empowering marginalized groups, etc.
- Advancement of women's issues and/or promotion of gender equity: conducting academic research related to women or the intersections of race, class, citizenship, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, ability or belief systems; participating in mentoring or activism activities; engaging in organizations dedicated to gender equity or women's empowerment, etc.
Nominations and Applications
We invite nominations from students, faculty and staff. Self-nominations are also accepted.
Deadline for nominations: Dec. 19, 2022.
After being informed of their nomination, students are asked to complete an online application.
Deadline for applications: March 10, 2023.