- Office of the President
- Presidential Commission on Interfaith Initiatives
- Activities and Accomplishments
Activities and Accomplishments
Core Activities of the Commission
- Coordinate/promote a series of interfaith dialogues
- Support/promote a dedicated interfaith space on campus
- Support Better Together student organization
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Association of Campus Religious Organizations (ACRO)
- Recognize faculty/staff/student contributions to interfaith cooperation
- Advise and support institutional research initiatives
- Support initiatives and policies related to diversity and equity on campus
- Assisted in organizing visits and guest lectures by Dr. Eboo Patel, founder of the Interfaith Youth Core and author of the book Acts of Faith
- Partnered with University Libraries to create a reflection space on the first floor of Founders Memorial Library.
- Provided interfaith leadership training to faculty, staff, and students
- Nominated Dr. Eboo Patel to the be recipient of an honorary doctoral degree during the spring 2016 commencement ceremony.
- Helped form Better Together, a student organization dedicated to interfaith cooperation and dialogue through community service.
- Contracted with the Interfaith Youth Core to conduct the Campus Religious and Spirituality Climate Survey and The Interfaith Diversity Experiences & Attitudes Longitudinal Survey.