Sharon Howard: Faculty/Staff Who Make a Difference Award
Sharon Howard was the first director of the University Resources for Women, the center that evolved and is now known as the Gender and Sexuality Resource Center. Her contributions were acknowledged during NIU’s 125th Anniversary Celebration, and it is the commission's hope that her legacy lives on through the work of individuals advancing women’s issues/gender equity.
The Sharon Howard: Faculty/Staff Who Make a Difference Award, created in 2007, is presented each year to one or two NIU civil service, supportive professional staff or faculty employees at the awards ceremony in April.
- NIU civil service or supportive professional staff or faculty.
- This is a one-time award.
- Shows outstanding dedication to the empowerment of women at NIU by making changes at the unit level.
- Makes important contributions to addressing issues that are important to women.
- Goes "the extra mile" to assist others.
- The nomination deadline for this award is March 5, 2021.
- Solicit two letters of support about nominee.
- Complete nomination form and upload letters of support.