Registering your clicker and redeeming your license from within Blackboard
Note: to access the link for the "Turning Account Registration" tool from within Blackboard, click on the "Tools" link in the course menu.
Register a new or pre-owned clicker
The following are necessary to register a new or used clicker:
Log into Blackboard
- Go to webcourses.niu.edu
- In the My Courses module, click on the name of your course which you will be using clickers in
- From that course's Course Menu, click on Tools
- On the Tools page, click the Turning Account Registration link, which will then display the Turning Account creation/login page
Create a Turning Account
- On the Turning Account creation/login page, enter your student email address (e.g., Z0123456@students.niu.edu)
- Click Create an Account
- A verification email will be sent to you. Check your email and click the link to verify your Turning Account.
- Enter all required fields as noted by asterisks on the Enter Account Information page.
- From the Role drop-down menu, select Participant.
- On the "Finished" page:
- Enter your Turning Account license code in the License field, and click Redeem.
- If you are using a QT Device, enter the Device ID in the Response Device ID field, and click Register.
Purchase or Redeem a License
- Sign into your Turning Account.
- Click the picture labeled License from the main page.
- On the following page, click the Manage Licenses box, to show which license(s) you have registered.
- Click the picture labeled Add a License.
- Enter the license code purchased from the Bookstore. If you purchased a QT Device bundle, you should have a license code card included. Otherwise, if your professor(s) allow you to use only ResponseWare, and you did not purchase a physical device bundle, you will need to purchase a standalone license code card from the Bookstore.
Add your Device
- Sign into your Turning Account
- Click the picture labeled Device from the main page.
- On the following page, click the Manage Response Devices box, to show which device(s) you have registered.
- Click the picture labeled Add a Device.
- Enter the Device ID, and click Save. The Device ID is located on the back of the device below the barcode.
Last updated: 01/28/16
- For Students
- Accessing Groups
- Accessing Blackboard from a Mobile Device
- Building a Portfolio
- Checking Your Grades
- Creating a Blog Entry
- Creating a Discussion Board Thread
- Creating / Editing a Wiki Page
- Editing Personal Information
- Participating in a Blackboard Collaborate Session
- Creating / Editing a Profile
- Receiving Notifications
- Submitting an Assignment
- Submitting a SafeAssignment
- Taking a Test Online
- Taking a Test with the Respondus LockDown Browser
- Using the Calendar
- Using Clickers (Student Response System)