We offer summer on-campus housing in New Hall East. You are eligible to live on campus during the summer if:
- You are a newly-admitted student and enrolled in summer classes. You are eligible to live in summer housing starting with session 1.
- You a current student and you are enrolled in spring 2018 or fall 2018 classes. If you are also currently living on campus, you are eligible to sign up for the spring-to-summer transition session.
- You are a summer athlete. Sign up online and then work with Athletics to complete the process and receive a space.
Employees working in Housing and Residential Services: see your supervisor about summer housing.
You have several options for the length of your stay. The later housing sessions are only available to summer residents who have signed up for a fall 2018 room on campus.
|Spring-to-Summer Transition Session||
Saturday 5/12 through Tuesday 5/15 (3 nights) • $126
Spring 2018 residents only. On Tuesday, May 15, from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., you will move from your spring room to your summer room in New Hall East.
Tuesday 5/15 through Sunday 6/17 (4 weeks, 5 nights) • $1,386
This session runs from the end of the spring semester until the beginning of the summer session.
Sunday 6/17 through Saturday 8/11 (7 weeks, 6 nights) • $2,310
This period runs through the end of the summer session. Check in on 6/17 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
|If you don't have a fall 2018 room, you must leave by 8/11 at 3 p.m.|
Saturday 8/11 through Friday 8/17 (6 nights) • $252
You will move to your fall room on Friday 8/17 from 12 - 5 p.m.
Friday 8/17 through Friday 8/24 (1 week) • $161
All rates include $5.41 weekly Technology Access Fee and $1.76 weekly Residence Hall Surcharge.
All summer rooms are located in New Hall East.
- All floors are coed with standard quiet hours and standard alcohol policy expectations.
- If you move in at the beginning of summer session 1, your room will have just been vacated. We'll be working hard to prepare the room for check in, but we may have to delay painting and some minor repairs until the end of the summer.
- Adult conference groups and other guests of the university may also occupy the building at various times during June and July.
Optional Meal Plan
A Block 50 meal plan, which includes 50 meals you can use at any any residential dining location open during the summer, is available for $350. When you sign up for summer housing you will have the option of selecting this plan.
Summer-to-Fall Storage Option
If you live on campus during the summer and you also have a fall room, you can register for summer-to-fall storage to move your belongings to your fall room on Saturday, August 11 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. You won’t be able to stay in your room or keep your room key past 3 p.m. on that day. There is no charge for this. The deadline to register is 7/31 at 4 p.m.
If you do not register for this summer storage option, hall staff may not be available to give you access to your fall room.