Iman Salehinia, Ph.D.
|Office Location:||EB 212|
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, 2013
- M.Sc. in Solid Mechanics (Solid Design), Khajeh Nasir Toosi (KNT) University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2008
- B.Sc. in Solid Mechanical Engineering, Amir Kabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Tehran, Iran, 2004
- Mechanical properties of thin films and Engineered composite nanostructures
- Multiscale modeling using atomistic simulations, and finite element methods
- Structural defects in metals and ceramics, stochastic mechanical behavior
- Carbon nanotubes
- Metal forming processes
- Wear and tribology
- Graduate School Scholarship, Washington State University, Sep. 2012
- MME Outstanding Researcher Award, School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, Washington State University, Apr. 2012.
- Reviewer at Journal of Alloys and Compounds
- Reviewer at Mechanics of Materials
- Reviewer at Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A
- Reviewer at JOM: the Journal of Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (TMS)
- Reviewer for Materials Research Society Symposium Proceeding
- Reviewer for Philosophical Magazine
- Reviewer for Computational Materials Science
- Reviewer for NASA-EPSCoR Missouri
- Reviewer for Kentucky Science and Engineering Foundation
- Reviewer and member of the editorial board of Journal of Nanotechnology and Material Science,
- Materials Research Society (MRS)
- Materials Advantage
- Association for Iron & Steel Technology (AIST)
- Salehinia, W. Yang, G. Ayoub, B. Mansoor, H. Zbib, Multiaxial tension/compression asymmetry of Ti/TiN nano laminates: MD investigation, Acta Materialia, Vol. 135, 2017, 348-360
- Salehinia, M. Damadama, S. Shaob, I. Mastorakosd, G. Ayoube, H.M. Zbib, Strength and plastic deformation behavior of nanolaminate composites with pre-existing dislocations, Computational Materials Science,Vol. 138, 2017, 42-48
- Salehinia, A. Rasheed, Atomistic Simulation of Scratch behavior of Ceramic/Metal (CerMet) nanolaminates, MRS Advances, Materials Research Society, 2017
- Salehinia, S. Shao, J. Wang, H.M. Zbib, Interface Structure and the Inception of Plasticity in Nb/
NbCNanolayered Composites, Acta Materialia ,2015, 86, 331-386.
- Salehinia, S. Shao, J. Wang, H.M. Zbib, Plastic Deformation of Metal/Ceramic Nanolayered Composites, JOM, 2014, 66, 2078-2085.
- Salehinia, J. Wang, D.F. Bahr, H.M. Zbib, Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Plastic Deformation in Nb/
NbCMultilayers, International Journal of Plasticity, 2014, 59, 119-132.
- R.L. Schoeppner, N. Abdolrahim, I. Salehinia, H.M.Zbib, D.F. Bahr, Temperature Dependence in Tri-Metallic Nano-Scale Metallic Multilayer Systems, Thin Solid Films, 2014, 571 (part 2), 247-252.
- Salehinia, D.F. Bahr, Crystal Orientation Effect on Dislocation Nucleation and Multiplication in FCC Single Crystal under Uniaxial Loading, International Journal of Plasticity, 2014, 52, 133-146.
- Salehinia, D.F. Bahr, Mechanical Behavior of FCC Single Crystals at Finite Temperatures in the Presence of Point Defects, Materials Science and Engineering A, 2013, 588, 340-346.
- Salehinia, S.K. Lawrence, D.F. Bahr, The Effect of Crystal Orientation on the Stochastic Behavior of Dislocation Nucleation and Multiplication during Nanoindentation, Acta Materialia, 2013, 61, 1421-1431.
- Salehinia, D.F. Bahr, The Impact of a Variety of Point Defects on the Inception of Plastic Deformation in
Dislocation FreeMetals, Scripta Materialia, 2011, 66 (6), 339-342.
- Salehinia, V.
Perezand D.F. Bahr, Effect of Vacancies on Incipient Plasticity during Contact Loading, Philosophical Magazine, 2011, 92 (5), 550-570.
- Salehinia, S.N. Medyanik, Transmission between Translational and Rotational Motions in Double-Walled Carbon Nanotubes, Journal of Computational and Theoretical
Nonoscience, 2011, 8, 179-188.
- Salehinia, A.R. Shahani, Effect of sheet anisotropy on the wear in
deep-drawingprocess of a cylindrical cup, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 2009, 51, 856-868.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Northern Illinois University, Aug. 2015-present
- Clinical Assistant Professor, School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, Washington State University, Aug. 2014-Aug. 2015
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, Washington State University, May 2013-Aug. 2014