Liping Guo, Ph.D.
|Office Location:||SH 203C|
- Ph.D. in Electrical & Computer Engineering, Auburn University (2006)
- M.S. in Electrical & Computer Engineering, Auburn University (2001)
- Power Electronics
- Switch mode power supplies
- Digital control
- Wide bandgap devices
- Renewable Energy
- Solar, wind, fuel cell
- "Interactive Virtual Laboratory: Using Renewable Energy Experiments to Enhance Student Engagement," funded by National Science Foundation
- “Renewable energy technology across the engineering technology curriculum," funded by National Science Foundation
- “Development of Matlab models of digital power converters,” funded by Argonne National Laboratory
- "Design and development of hands-on learning experience in renewable energy,” funded by Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation
- “Norfolk Southern railroad energy efficiency project," funded by U.S. Department of Energy
Professional Associations and Honors
- IEEE Senior Member
- ASEE Member
- The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi (Member)
- IEEE Industrial Electronics Society Student Scholarship (2005)
- Auburn University Graduate Research Fellowship (2002-2006)
- L. Guo, and N. Abdul, “Design and Evaluation of Fuzzy Adaptive Particle Swarm Optimization Based Maximum Power Point Tracking on Photovoltaic System under Partial Shading Condition,” Frontiers in Energy Research, vol. 9, July 2021.
- L. Guo, and J. Kors Jr., “Design of a Laboratory Scale Solar Microgrid Cyber-Physical System for Education,” Electronics, vol. 10, no. 13, June 2021.
- L. Guo, M. Aqil, D. Zinger, and J. Wang, “Design and Evaluation of Digital Control System – An Upgrade from Converters to Resolve Aging and Obsolescence Issues”, IEEE Industry Applications Magazine, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 17 – 23, Mar 2017.
- X. Lu, J. Wang, & L. Guo, “Using Microgrids To Enhance Energy Security and Resilience”, Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 8 – 15, Dec 2016
- L. Guo, J. Han, and A. Otieno, “Simulation and Development of a Sun Tracking Solar Power System”, Journal of Engineering Technology, Fall 2015, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 18 – 25.
- L. Guo, A. P. Arribas, et al. “Digital Control of DC-DC Converters Employing Wide Band Gap (WBG) Power Devices”, Electrochemical Society Transaction, vol. 64, no. 7, pp. 155 – 161, Sept 2014
- S. Oucheriah, and L. Guo, “PWM-based Adaptive Sliding-Mode Control for Boost DC-DC Converters”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 60, no. 8, pp. 3291 – 3294, Aug 2013
- L. Guo, A. Leedy, et al. “Modeling of AC Contactors to Improve Life”, International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering, vol. 3, no. 3, July 2013
- L. Guo, J. Y. Hung, and R. M. Nelms, “Design of a Fuzzy Controller using Variable Structure Approach for Applications to DC-DC Converters”, Electric Power System Research, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 104 – 109, Feb 2012
- K. Yedavalli, L. Guo, and D. Zinger, “Simple Control System for a Switcher Locomotive Hybrid Fuel Cell Power System”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Applications, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 2384 – 2390, Nov – Dec 2011
- L. Guo, “Design and Implementation of a Two-Axis Sun Tracking Solar Power System”, Journal of Engineering Technology, pp. 34 – 39, Spring 2011
- L. Guo, K. Yedavalli, and D. Zinger, “Design and Modeling of Power System for a Fuel Cell Hybrid Switcher Locomotive”, Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 1406 – 1413, Feb 2011
- L. Guo, J. Y. Hung, and R. M. Nelms, “Comparative Evaluation of Sliding Mode Fuzzy Controller and PID Controller for a Boost Converter”, Electric Power System Research, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 99 – 106, Jan 2011
- L. Guo, and S. Oucheriah, “Design of a DSP-Based Fuzzy Controller for a Boost Converter”, Journal of Engineering Technology, pp. 30 – 34, Fall 2010
- Department of Technology, NIU (2007-present)
- Department of Industrial Technology, University of Northern Iowa (2006-2007)
- System Engineer, Beijing HKD Computer Co. Ltd, Beijing, China (1998-1999)
- Associate Engineer, Bank of Beijing, Beijing, China (1997-1998)