Omar A. Ghrayeb, Ph.D.
|Department:||Industrial and Systems Engineering|
|Office Location:||EB 321B|
- M.S., New Mexico State University (1998)
- Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, New Mexico State University (2000)
- Production system design and optimization
- Scheduling heuristics
- Facilities layout and design
- Applied operations research
- Supply chain management
- Improving Efficiencies of a Health Care System, funded by the Visiting Nurse Association of Fox Valley
- Development of an Engineering Technology Program for the University of Malaysia, funded by the University of Malaysia, Pahang
- Ghrayeb, O., "A Bi-Criteria Optimization: Minimizing the Integral Value and Spread of the Fuzzy Makespan of JSSPs," Special Issue on "Soft Computing in Manufacturing Enterprise Systems," Applied Soft Computing, Vol. 2, No. 3F, 2003, pp 197-210.
- Ghrayeb, O., Phojanamongkolkij, N., and Finch, P., "A mathematical model and heuristic procedure to schedule printed circuit packs on sequencers," International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 41, No.16, 2003, pp 3849-3860.
- Phojanamongkolkij, N., Grabenstetter, D., and Ghrayeb, O., "Scheduling Jobs to improve
weightedon-time performance of a single machine," SME Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Vol. 22, No. 2, 2003, pp 148-156.
- Ghrayeb, O., Phojanamongkolkij, N., Marcellus, R., and Zhao, W., "A Practical framework to evaluate and select robots for assembly operations," Journal of Advanced Manufacturing
Systems ,Vol.3, No. 2, 2004, pp 1-17.
- Ghrayeb, O. and Phojanamongkolkij, N., "A study of optimizing the performance of genetic algorithms using design of experiments in job-shop scheduling application," International Journal of Industrial Engineering 12(1), 35-42, 2005.
- Phojanamongkolkij, N. and Ghrayeb, O., "Batch size determination for wafer fabrication using genetic algorithms," Revista de Ingenieria Industrial (Journal of Industrial Engineering), Vol. 4, No. 1, 2005, pp 5-12.
Professional Associations and Honors
- IIE Senior Member
- Alpha Pi Mu, the Industrial Engineering Honor Society (since 1999)
- Outstanding Faculty Award, ISYE, NIU (selected twice)
- Students’ Choice Award, NIU, 2006
- Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, NIU (2001-present)
- Chair of the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering (2006-2012)
- Associate Dean (2012-2016)
- Acting Dean (2016-2017)
- Department of Engineering Tech, Southwestern Oklahoma State University (2000-2001)
- Executive Manager, International Company for Plastic Industries (1994-1996)
- Project Engineer, CIC-Consulting Company (1993-1994)