Purushothaman (Purush) Damodaran, Ph.D.
|Title:||Professor and Chair|
|Department:||Industrial and Systems Engineering|
|Office Location:||EB 230A|
- M.S. in Industrial Engineering, NIU (1997)
- Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, Texas A&M University (2002)
- Large-scale optimization (deterministic and stochastic mixed-integer linear programming)
- Network flow optimization
- Simulation (discrete-event and continuous)
- Logistics, electronics manufacturing (lead-free assembly, lean manufacturing, six sigma)
- Lean Out Insert Assembly, funded by Dunlee, a division of Philips Healthcare
- Analyzing the Paint Lines, funded by Caterpillar, Inc.
- Process Improvements for CAT Aurora K-Series Wheel Loader Assembly Lines, funded by Caterpillar, Inc.
- Implementing a Pull System for Post Paint Operations, funded by Justrite Manufacturing Co.
- CNC Efficiency Project, funded by CST Storage
- Quality Management System, funded by Tek-Pak, Inc.
- Lean Implementation for Cabinet Assembly, funded by Quality Fabricators Inc.
- Gage R&R Study, funded by Caterpillar Inc.
- Development of a Quality System, funded by Medikmark Inc.
- Improving Material Handling for Image Industries, funded by Image Industries Inc.
- Improving Material Flow, funded by WestRock
- Implementing 5S and Lean Manufacturing, funded by Elgin Industries
- Optimizing Freight Process, funded by Chalmers St. Consulting
Professional Associations and Honors
- Omega Rho – Honor Society for Operations Research & Management Science (Inducted in 2007)
- Alpha Pi Mu – Industrial Engineering Honor Society (Inducted in 1996)
- Member - Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
- Member - Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Who’s Who in America (2005)
- *Pradhan, S., P. Damodaran (2009). Performance characterization of complex manufacturing systems with general distributions and job failures. European Journal of Operational Research, 197, 588-598.
- *Manjeshwar, P., P. Damodaran, K. Srihari (2009). Minimizing makespan in a flow shop with two batch-processing machines using simulated annealing. Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, 25, 667-679.
- Damodaran, P., N.S. Hirani, M.C. Velez-Gallego (2009). Scheduling identical parallel batch processing machines to minimize makespan using Genetic Algorithms. European Journal of Industrial Engineering, 3(2) 187-206.
- *Pradhan, S., P. Damodaran, K. Srihari (2008). Prediction of performance measures for
Markoviantype of manufacturing systems with product failures. European Journal of Operational Research, 184, 725-744.
- *Iyer, S., S. Sajjala, P. Damodaran, K. Srihari (2008). Implementing 0201's on
high densitylead-free memory modules. IEEE Transactions on Electronics Packaging Manufacturing, 31(1), 41-50.
- Damodaran, P., W.E. Wilhelm (2005). Branch-and-Price approach for prescribing profitable feature upgrades. International Journal of Production Research, 43(21), 4539-4558.
- Damodaran, P., W.E. Wilhelm (2004). Branch-and-Price methods for prescribing profitable upgrades of high-technology products with stochastic demands. Decision Sciences, 35(1), 53-80
- Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Northern Illinois University (2009-present)
- Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering, Florida International University, Miami (2006-2009)
- Department of Systems Science and Industrial Engineering,
StateUniversity of New York at Binghamton (2002-2006)