- Ethics and Compliance Office
- Technology Accessibility
- Accessible Digital Materials
- Courseware Accessibility Information
Courseware Accessibility Information
When using a mobile device to access Blackboard, use the Blackboard app, not a browser. Get the Blackboard app at the device's app store.
Blackboard content can be zoomed up to 200%.
- On a desktop or laptop, look under View in the top navigation of the browser window.
- On a phone, go to Settings > Accessibility > Zoom/Magnification.
Click on the capital A down arrow icon on the right of a page to see available alternative formats for that page.
MathML Presentation Markup for optimal rendering by screen readers.
Equations in MathML from Penn State
When doing a class search on a mobile device, click on the class name and hold the phone in landscape view. This works up to 200%.
- Creating accessible Power BI reports
- Consuming Power BI reports with accessibility tools
- Creating Power BI reports with accessibility tools
- Accessibility keyboard shortcuts for Power BI reports
- Report accessibility checklist
Accessible question types
- Descriptive Text
- Multiple Choice (all types)
- Net Promoter® Score
- Matrix (only Rank Order, Constant Sum, Text Entry, and Profile)
- Text Entry (all types)
- Rank Order (only Text Box, Graphic, and Radio Buttons)
- Side by Side
- Constant Sum (only Choices, also known as text entry)
- Drill Down
- Meta Info
- Captcha Verification (V2)
- File Upload
Inaccessible question types
- Matrix (Likert, Bipolar, and MaxDiff, as well as any Matrix Table that is Drag and Drop)
- Rank Order (Drag and Drop and Select Box)
- Constant Sum (Sliders and Bars)
- Pick Group and Rank
- Hot Spot
- Heat Map
- Graphic Slider
Check survey accessibility
Check Survey Accessibility will indicate which questions are inaccessible and recommend other question types.
SAS Graphics Accelerator was created for users with visual impairments but can be helpful to anyone. Interactive sonification uses pitch and speed to convey graphic information. Other alternative presentations of data include text descriptions, tables and enhanced visuals.
VoiceThread Universal is an HTML version of VoiceThread that is accessible to screen readers.