- Office of Institutional Effectiveness
- Assessment Resources
View a quick overview of student learning outcomes.
Highlighting Equity in Assessment
- NILOA Equity in Assessment "Improving the quality of the student academic experience must drive assessment. To authentically document what our diverse students know and can do, an equitable and culturally responsive approach to assessment is needed. To begin the conversation on the relationship between equity and assessment, NILOA launched its 29th Occasional Paper in 2017 that explores the question "how consequential can assessment be to learning when assessment approaches may not be inclusive of diverse learners?"
- Zack, C., Arado, T., Jaekel, K., Lagana, B., and Santuzzi, A. (2021, October). Moving through: Strategies to address resistance toward adopting equity-minded assessment. Assessment Institute. Virtual
- Zack, C., Subramony, R., and Douglass, C. (2021, April). Re-envisioning assessment of student learning through an equity perspective. Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Annual Conference. Virtual.
2022 Assessment Expo
The annual Assessment Expo provides an opportunity for faculty and staff to showcase the good assessment work they are doing and to learn about assessment practices across campus.
- Recordings from the 2021 Assessment Institute are now available. Areas addressed include diversity, equity and inclusion, community engagement, faculty development, STEM education, learning improvement, student partnership and engagement in assessment, student affairs programs and services, high-impact practices (HIPs), and many more.
- Closing the Loop: We have Assessment Data and Other Information: Now What? (invitation only: first cohort Nov. 2021, second cohort Jan.2022)
- Wisdom Wednesday (Feb. 24, 2021): Inquiry into Effective Teaching and Learning Using Assessment
- Assessment workshop 2019: Making Effective Decisions for Enhancing Program Quality: Using Data and Information from Multiple Sources
- Assessment workshop 2018: Developing Effective and Sustainable Assessment Plans
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA) "Established in 2008, NILOA is a research and resource-development organization, dedicated to documenting, advocating, and facilitating the systematic use of learning outcomes assessment to improve student learning."
- Assessment Commons "An open learning space that curates content for faculty and assessment professionals through resources and tools for student learning outcomes assessment, teaching and learning, program review and accreditation."
- Suskie, L. (2018). Assessing Student Learning: A Common Sense Guide (3rd ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass. "Assessing Student Learning is a standard reference for college faculty and administrators, and the third edition of this highly regarded book continues to offer comprehensive, practical, plainspoken guidance."
Accreditation, Assessment and Evaluation
Swen Parson 316