The Office of Institutional Effectiveness (IE) is committed to creating a data-informed culture that supports strategic planning and decision-making efforts in realizing NIU’s mission and enhancing the success of our students, faculty and staff.
We are founded on five guiding principles:
- Mutuality and collaboration - the best results are obtained through a collaboration between clients and IE professionals, as well as collaboration within the IE team.
- Communication - information must be communicated to be impactful, and assists in the creation of language that gives meaning to the client and (when shared as appropriate) to the larger community.
- Accountability and continuous improvement - the university community is provided with accurate and timely information that enables goal-setting and performance evaluation.
- Integrity and transparency - by combining data integrity and integrity of process, we guarantee the integrity of our products. Further, we will share information to the fullest extent permitted by policy and law; and, if information cannot be shared, we'll make it clear why not.
- Respect - each project is approached with respect for the client and their needs, and with respect for the overarching values of the institution.