Diversity and Inclusion at NIU
At NIU, we're committed to confronting racism and all forms of discrimination. We welcome all members of the campus community to join us in working toward positive change. By taking action, sharing resources and providing support we can continue to find strength in our diversity. Learn more about equity at NIU.
Support and Information
The diversity and cultural resource centers provide support services to students, as well as opportunities for all members of the NIU community to learn about different cultures and communities in a supportive environment.
Learn and engage in ways that seek to understand history, dismantle systems and build an anti-racist community where everyone can thrive.
- College of Law Racial and Social Justice Initiatives
- What Difference Can One Person Make?
- WNIJ Perspective: Teacher Education Is A Tool For Anti-Racism
- Academic Social Justice and Diversity Pathway
- Sociology Research Sources: Social Justice
- Social Justice Training and Education
- Social Justice Summer Camp for Educators
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusivity in the classroom and beyond.
Learn and Discuss
- President Lisa Freeman: NIU Recognized by Three Different National Organizations
- President Lisa Freeman and Chief Diversity Officer Vernese Edghill-Walden:
- Activities planned to process outcome of Derek Chauvin trial
- President Lisa Freeman: Working Together for Racial and Social Justice, Equity and Inclusion
- President Lisa Freeman: Today’s Art and Soul Event
- President Lisa Freeman: Our Commitment to Addressing Racism
- President Lisa Freeman: Addressing the Racist Incident That Occurred
- President Lisa Freeman: An Update on Confronting Racism and Advancing Change
- President Lisa Freeman: Confronting Racism and Advancing Change
- Chief Diversity Officer Vernese Edghill-Walden: Something is Happening in Our World
- Center for Black Studies Response to Current Events