Many resources related to the Americans with Disabilities Act are available. These on-campus and national resources provide information about the rights, responsibilities, supports and services available to employees, supervisors and managers, applicants and visitors to NIU.
NIU listing of campus departments/offices that may offer support, services or specific information as it relates to reasonable accommodations or accessibility reports.
- Human Resource Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability Resource Center
- Counseling and Consultation Services
- Psychological Services Center
Learn more about the ADA, reasonable accommodations, accessibility barriers and COVID-19 guidelines for the workplace.
- Job Accommodation Network
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Glossary of ADA Terms
- Office of Disability Rights
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC):
- Coronavirus and COVID-19
- COVID-19 Pandemic and Antidiscrimination Laws Webinar - ADA, workplace accommodation obligations for employers in the COVID-19 pandemic including ongoing telework obligations
- The ADA: Questions and Answers
- What You Should Know About COVID-19 and the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and Other EEO Laws
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers Responding to COVID-19
- COVID-19 Return to Work Initiative - an international legal practice dedicated to COVID-19 resources for employers, including return to work guidance.
For additional information about the Americans with Disabilities Act at NIU, please find our policies below.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Education
Linda Kocjan, ADA Coordinator