- NIU Home
- Community College Partnerships
- NIU at University Center at Harper College
NIU at University Center at Harper College
With the University Center at Harper College program, you can earn an NIU degree by taking classes at Harper College. You'll learn from accomplished NIU faculty members in a location convenient to you. Online courses are also available.
You can earn the following degrees:
In order to pursue your NIU degree at Harper College University Center, you need to:
- Meet our admission requirements
- Hold an A.A. or A.S. degree
- Complete prerequisite courses with grades of C or better
In order to meet our graduation requirements , you'll need to complete a minimum of 120 credit hours. You'll also need to meet general education requirements , which are fulfilled by an A.A. or A.S. degree from an Illinois community college.
Our advisors will support you as you pursue your NIU degree at Harper College University Center. They visit the Harper campus regularly and are also available by phone and email. You should contact an advisor every semester before you register for classes. They will help you plan your schedule and stay on track to graduate. Learn how to search and register for classes.
Completing your NIU bachelor's degree at Harper College University Center can save you money - you may also be eligible for financial aid to help lower your costs.
Your financial aid options depend on if you're enrolled full or part time. Our Financial Aid and Scholarship Office can help you determine if grants, scholarships, loans and/or work-study are right for you.
- March 1: Deadline for transfer merit scholarships
- June 30: Deadline to apply for the Huskie Payment Plan for the fall semester
- Nov. 30: Deadline to apply for the Huskie Payment Plan for the spring semester
More important dates can be found in the undergraduate catalog.