Community College Partnerships

Programs Offered

Our community college partner agreements mean you can start your four-year degree at a community college near you and seamlessly transition into a Huskie before you graduate. Even if you don’t complete your associate’s degree at your community college, we have reverse transfer partnerships with 17 community colleges.


Elgin Community College

B.S.Ed. in elementary education with bilingual/ESL endorsement

Harper College

NIU Programs Offered at University Center at Harper College

Rock Valley College

Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering

University Center of Lake County

B.S. in applied management in instructional technology, training and evaluation


Elgin Community College

Master of Science in education — special education

Waubonsee Community College

University Center of Lake County

  • Graduate certificate in postsecondary developmental literacy and language instruction
  • School business management licensure program (non-degree and expedited)
  • M.S.Ed. in school business management
  • M.S.Ed. in literacy education (Reading teacher/reading specialist)
  • M.S.Ed. in instructional technology (K-12 Library Info Specialist)
  • M.S. in educational research and evaluation
  • Ed.D. in community college leadership
Back to top of page