Setting Up Your Profile
Your profile in Blackboard lets you add a profile photo, adjust your notification settings, and link a cloud storage account.
Once you have added a profile photo, it will be visible throughout Blackboard, such as on your course outline in Ultra Course View or in Discussion Board posts. This will help your students connect with you.
Accessing Your Profile
- Log into Blackboard
- Click your name in the left navigation menu (prior to entering a course)
Adding a Profile Photo
- Move your mouse over the profile photo (it is a gray silhouette if you have not yet added a photo)
- Click the pencil icon that appears
- Click the Upload a New Profile Picture button
- Find the photo you want to use on your computer and click Open
- Wait for the photo to upload
Modifying Notification Settings
Blackboard automatically sends you notifications for the most important activities in your courses, like new student submissions or discussions. You can view these notifications in the Activity Stream, receive them as an email, or get push notifications from the Blackboard Instructor app.
In the Global Notification Settings, you can decide which notifications are important to you and how you would like to receive them. You can also decide whether you want individual email notifications or a daily digest, which is sent daily at 12:15 AM.
Connect Cloud Storage Accounts
If you connect a cloud storage account, like your NIU Microsoft OneDrive storage, or a personal OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive account, you can post files from those storage spaces to Blackboard without downloading them to your local computer or mobile device. This allows you to work entirely in the cloud.
Connect your NIU Microsoft OneDrive storage
- Under Institution Accounts, click the Connect https://niuits-my.sharepoint.com/OneDrive link
- In the pop-up window, enter your NIU Account ID and password
- Once you have logged in successfully, your OneDrive account will be listed under Personal Accounts
Learn more about adding files from cloud storage in Original Course View
Learn more about submitting files from cloud storage in Ultra Course View
Last updated: 8/14/2020