Bowling and Billiards
Looking for something different to do? Come bowling at the Huskie Den! With 16 lanes, music and TVs for entertainment, and a nearby bar and grill, it's the perfect place to hang out with friends or have your next group event. You can even join our league or participate in a tournament.
There's no fee for lane or shoe rental over the summer, but we will charge for these when the fall semester starts.
If you're a current undergraduate or graduate student, consider joining our bowling league. You'll enjoy three free games once a week and half-price locker rental.
We'll have our first meeting and do some bowling on Thursday, Sept. 15, at 5 p.m.
Format and Guidelines
We'll determine the format at our meeting. It could be singles (one on one), doubles, trios or four-person teams. We won't change team sizes once the season starts.
- Any team with more than two members must be mixed gender.
- There are three games in league play (alternating lanes each frame).
- USBC rules apply.
- The handicap percentage will be determined at the meeting (probably around 10% of 190 or 200).
- The lineage fee is to be determined.
The Huskie Shuffle Tournament Series is open to students, faculty and staff. Register for any or all of the four tournaments. We'll have separate divisions for students and employees, as well as divisions based on gender. There will be prizes for each tournament and for the overall series high in each division.
Sign-in starts at 3 p.m. You must be checked in by 3:30 p.m. and on the lanes by 4 p.m.
|Oct. 7, 2022||Huskie Two Step (singles)||Two games across four lanes||$4|
|Nov. 11, 2022||Huskie Shuffle Classic (singles)||Four games across eight lanes||$10|
|Feb. 17, 2023||Huskie Country Fling (doubles, three divisions)||Best three out of four games; individual scores go toward series prizes||$5 per bowler|
|April 21, 2023||Huskie Super Shuffle (singles)||Six games across 12 lanes||$10|
Entry Fees and Registration
There is an entry fee for each tournament. If you register by Sept. 30, the cost for the entire series is $25. You can pay with cash or check. Half of the fee goes to lineage; the other half goes to prizes. If you register on the day of a tournament, you'll be charged a $2 late fee.
- The series is guided by USBC rules but is not sanctioned by the USBC.
- The handicap is 90% of 200.
- We'll bowl on paired lanes (league and tournament style).
- Bowlers will move one pair of lanes to the right after each game. If necessary, we'll split the house (rather than lanes 15 and 16 going to 1 and 2, 15 and 16 will go to 7 and 8).