Bowling and Billiards
Looking for something different to do? Come bowling at the Huskie Den! With 16 lanes, music and TVs for entertainment, and a nearby bar and grill, it's the perfect place to hang out with friends or have your next group event. You can even join our league or participate in a tournament.
Fall Semester Pricing
- $3 NIU students – students must have OneCard physically with them to get student pricing
- NIU students may bring one guest at NIU student price
- $3.50 – non-NIU college students - students must have a valid student ID physically with them to get student pricing
- $4 – NIU faculty/staff – employees must have their OneCard with them to get employee pricing
- $4.50 – alums and community members
- $2 – children 7-14 years old
- $1 – children 6 years old and under
Time Cost Per Lane
- $12/hour for lane- up to 6 people/lane *shoes extra
- Extra time 15 min. increments $3
- $2.50 – everyone except children 6 and under
- Free - 6 years old and under
- $7/per semester semester or summer
- $12 per year
- Students enrolled in KNPE - half-price lockers for that semester
- League – one free locker while the league is in session
Free for everyone all-day
Throwback Tuesdays$1 games and shoes each for everyone except children 6 years old and under
Half Price Thursdays
This does not include lockers, league or frequent bowler cards
- $1.50/per game - college students with ID
- $2/per game - NIU employees community members, and guests
- $1 – children ages 7-14
- $.50 - children 6 and under
- $1 for anyone over 14 years of age
- $0.50, ages 7-14
- Free, ages 6 and under
Friday Glow Bowl
- On the last Friday of every month
- Black lights and colored pins starting at 6 p.m.
- $0.50 games
- $1 shoe rental
Frequent Bowler Card
- $15 per month provides $0.75 cent games (off-peak times)
- Free shoe rental
K-12 Bowling Practice Rates
- $1/per game for any K-12 student
- must be in youth leagues, on their school bowling team and/or trying out for their school's bowling team
- Proof of league/team membership is required
- Huskie Den reserves the right to refuse service based on the behavior of student(s)
If you're a current undergraduate or graduate student, consider joining our bowling league. You'll enjoy three free games once a week and half-price locker rental.
Format and Guidelines
We'll determine the format at our meeting. It could be singles (one on one), doubles, trios or four-person teams. We won't change team sizes once the season starts.
- Any team with more than two members must be mixed gender.
- There are three games in league play (alternating lanes each frame).
- USBC rules apply.
- The handicap percentage will be determined at the meeting (probably around 10% of 190 or 200).
- The lineage fee is to be determined.
The Huskie Shuffle Tournament Series is open to students, faculty and staff. Register for any or all of the four tournaments. We'll have separate divisions for students and employees, as well as divisions based on gender. There will be prizes for each tournament and for the overall series high in each division.
Entry Fees and Registration
There is an entry fee for each tournament. You can pay with cash or check. Half of the fee goes to lineage; the other half goes to prizes. If you register on the day of a tournament, you'll be charged a $2 late fee.
- The series is guided by USBC rules but is not sanctioned by the USBC.
- The handicap is 90% of 200.
- We'll bowl on paired lanes (league and tournament style).
- Bowlers will move one pair of lanes to the right after each game. If necessary, we'll split the house (rather than lanes 15 and 16 going to 1 and 2, 15 and 16 will go to 7 and 8).