Textbook Adoption Information for Faculty
Please submit your book adoptions to Huskie Books and Gear as soon as possible. Submitting adoptions on time ensures that your students have the most affordable options available for the first day of class.
When adoptions are known before our end-of-term buyback event, we can pay your students top dollar for the materials they sell back and keep the books circulating locally.
Completing your book adoptions by the deadline allows Huskie Books and Gear to source used and rental inventory and research your requested materials to determine whether they can be added to our national network list of rental titles, potentially lowering prices even more.
Bookstore Adoption Tool
Follett Discover allows you to easily discover, research and adopt course materials all in one place. In addition to adopting traditional print materials, Follett Discover makes it easy to search and adopt non-traditional materials such as YouTube videos, open education resources and MOOC content. View the Follett Discover tutorial video for an overview of all of the capabilities.
- Login to Blackboard
- Select "Follett Discover"
- Start Adopting!
For more information, please review the Follett Discover Guide (PDF).
Have questions or need help please contact:
How To Keep Textbooks Affordable for Your Students
- Order textbooks earlier.
- Post journal articles and book chapters on Blackboard.
- Adopt texts for multiple semesters; consider earlier editions.
- Direct students to subject area librarians for help.
- Utilize course reserves.
- Consider free e-books and open access materials.
- Explore Cengage Unlimited for course materials.
- Include textbook affordability information for students in your syllabus.
- See the library’s textbook affordability guide for more information.