- Huskie Marching Band
- Resources for Music Educators
Resources for Music Educators
The Huskie Marching Band regularly partners with area high school marching bands to enhance the learning opportunities for high school musicians. We annually hold two events in which we invite high school bands to participate.
High School Band Day
Saturday, September 8, 2018
Once a year, high school bands are invited to join us on the field during halftime of a Huskie football game to perform a halftime show after a morning of rehearsals. This is a great chance for the students in your band to participate in a collegiate band performance.
- We will perform during halftime of the NIU Huskies vs. University of Utah Utes football game at Huskie Stadium
- Participating bands will join the Huskie Marching Band on the field during halftime for a massed band performance
- All participants, directors and one chaperone per 10 students will be provided with a complimentary ticket to the game
- There are no participation fees for all participating high schools.
Halftime Music SelectionThe music for this year's halftime show will be drawn from the popular alternative artist, Imagine Dragons! Please purchase the commercially available music arrangements that will be performed at halftime. You are welcome to purchase these arrangements from your vendor of choice. Listed below are the titles and JW Pepper item numbers, for your convenience.
- I Bet My Life, arr. Tom Wallace, JW Pepper #10522494
- Believer, arr. Tom Wallace, JW Pepper #10875824
- Radioactive, arr. Paul Murtha, #10401041
Red and Black Fall Classic
Saturday, September 29, 2018
Administered by the Phantom Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps, this fall marching band competition allows high school bands to showcase their skills in a judged competition. The Huskie Marching Band will also perform as part of the event.