- Huskie Marching Band
The Silverettes Dance Line is a highly talented group that performs feature routines and march during each Huskie Band show. We perform at all home football games, wrestling meets, gymnastic meets and both men and women's basketball games. Silverettes also travel to some away games, including MAC Championships for both football and basketball, as well as bowl and championship games.
Practice times for the fall semester are:
- Mondays and Wednesdays 2-3:30 p.m.
- Thursday 6-8:40 p.m.
- Friday 4-5:30 p.m.
Membership in the Silverettes is by audition only during a day-long audition process. Auditions will be held Saturday, Apr. 25, 2020 at the NIU Convocation Center in Victor E. Court. Check-in begins at 9 a.m., please bring a pencil/pen and your insurance card. Learn more about our scholarships.
- You should be properly dressed in dance attire and proper dance shoes. Jazz shoes, hip hop shoes and gym shoes are all acceptable.
- Your hair should be up and out of the face.
- No excessive jewelry.
- A one minute routine will be taught by the head coach and choreographer during the morning session. This routine is similar to our third quarter football routines. You will be expected to learn and perform this routine during the afternoon session.
- During the afternoon session, each person auditioning will be expected to demonstrate a series of skills that are typically used throughout the year. These skills include splits (right, left and center), leaps (stag and switch), toe touches (from a squat or stand prep), triple turns and fouettes. These skills are awarded by a point system during the audition process.
- You will meet with the judges individually during the afternoon session for a one-on-one interview. Judges are looking for personality and confidence.