The Huskie Marching Band is pleased to offer $12,000 in scholarships over 4 years.
- 1st Year Members: $1,000 scholarship
- 2nd Year Members $1,000 scholarship OR $3,000 housing waiver
- 3rd Year Members: $1,000 scholarship OR $4,000 housing waiver
- 4th Year Members: $1,000 scholarship OR $4,000 housing waiver
How to Apply
- Make sure you have already applied for admission to NIU
- Make sure you meet the academic achievement guidelines
- ACT composite score 19 or higher
- High school GPA 2.75 or greater
- Transfers should have 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Complete the online application for the Huskie Marching Band Scholarship via Academic Works.
- Submit a recommendation letter from your high school band director
- Complete the audition (see details below)
We can award scholarships as soon as your application is complete, so apply now! Preference may be given to those with higher academic credentials.
All members of the Huskie Marching Band are required to attend band camp, which is held one week before the start of the fall semester.
When you audition to join the band, you can also audition for a scholarship. Find out more about auditioning for prospective Huskie Band members.