Submit the following documents to complete your application.
All supporting documents necessary to process your application must be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by the application deadlines.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Northern Illinois University
1425 West Lincoln Hwy.
DeKalb, IL 60115
- $40 application fee or a qualified application fee waiver form
- Official high school transcript (this can be requested from your registrar's office or from your high school counselor)
- Official ACT or SAT score report (request online for ACT or SAT)
- Official college transcript(s) (if applicable)
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges attended
- New transfer students must provide official transcript(s) from each institution attended which were printed within a year of their date of application and which are inclusive of all completed work at that institution.
- Previous applicants who applied, but did not enroll and submitted official transcript(s), must provide official transcript(s) from each institution attended which were printed within a year of their most recent date of application. Those transcripts must be inclusive of all completed work at each institution. If transcripts supplied to NIU in support of a previous application, are less than a year old and are inclusive of all work completed at the time of application, they may be used for admission purposes. Transcripts more than one year old, at the time of a student’s most recent application, cannot be used for admission purposes.
- Official high school transcript (if applicable)
- Official ACT or SAT score report (if applicable)
Note: If you have 24 or more transferable credit hours earned your high school transcript and ACT/SAT score is not required.
- $40 application fee
- Academic documents listed under the freshman applicant sections
- A course-by-course match evaluation report of all international academic records prepared by Educational Credential Evaluators (www.ECE.org) at the student's expense
- A clear photocopy of the front and back of your Alien Registration Card and/or other appropriate INS documentation
International (nonimmigrant) applicants
- $40 application fee
- Official English translations of academic records from secondary and all colleges and universities attended
- All test scores, including TOEFL
- Documentation of financial resources
Please note that all documents submitted to Northern Illinois University for admission purposes become the property of the university. Documents will not be released to students nor will they be forwarded to other educational institutions or agencies.
Undergraduate Application Deadlines
|Summer 2019||May 15, 2019|
|Fall 2019||August 1, 2019|
|Spring 2019||December 1, 2018|