Fraternity and Sorority Life at NIU fosters academic excellence, civic engagement, siblinghood, leadership development, and social responsibility. FSL organizations are groups of Huskies who come together to form a personal network of individuals with similar ideas, interests, and a mutual pursuit of a well-rounded college education. Advantages include:
- A support group and friendships to help make the adjustment to college easier.
- Academic resources to help student achieve their academic goals.
- Leadership skills acquired through experiences within committees and positions.
- Encouragement to get involved and maximize their potential on campus.
- Opportunities for active participation in community service projects.