Business Administration (B.S.)
Why Study Business Administration at NIU?
With a Bachelor of Science in business administration, you’ll be ready to hit the job market prepared to take on a range of positions in a variety of organizations. Your
A degree in business administration can be paired with a minor in business innovation and entrepreneurship, or a minor or a certificate in social entrepreneurship to further maximize your career opportunities.
Our B.S. in business administration program is also offered at our Hoffman Estates campus designed for students who transfer from community colleges who want to complete their degree.
Careers with a Business Administration Degree
A degree in business administration prepares you for many careers from account managers to general management to investment brokers to management analysts, in agencies, banks, colleges, hospitals
Business Administration Faculty
Our College of Business faculty includes committed teachers and active researchers in all areas of business, including accountancy, finance, human resource management, entrepreneurship, operations, law, communications, strategic management
- Corporate CEOs
- A United States Army officer
- International business executives
- Published authors
- Business consultants
Faculty research spans topics including:
- Cultural differences in careers
- Abusive supervision
- The effectiveness of small groups
- Geographic clusters
- Executive succession
Hands-on Learning Opportunities
You are encouraged to become involved in the activities of several student organizations focusing on developing business skills as well as having fun.
- Collegiate Association of Unreasonable Social Entrepreneurs (CAUSE)
- Management Student Advisory Board (MSAB)
- Sigma Iota Epsilon – honorary and professional management fraternity
- Society of the Advancement of Management (SAM)
- Society for Human Resource Management