Why Study Management at NIU?
Are you ready to pursue interesting and rewarding careers managing people, information and action? You will be when you graduate from NIU with your B.S. in management. You’ll learn the skills needed to communicate effectively, solve problems and build important business relationships to make you successful in business.
Our program offers three emphases:
- Entrepreneurship and Social Responsibility – for innovators who turn ideas into new ventures.
- Human Resource Management – for careers in employee recruitment, retention and training.
- Leadership and Management – for manager or supervisor positions responsible for leading and motivating teams.
“I like being a management major here at NIU because of the terrific faculty and staff. They are always looking for new ways to assist and engage students whether it be through providing mentors or even helping you get an internship. Numerous opportunities are made available through the Management Department to further your professional development and engage with business professionals. There is no place I'd rather be in the College of Business.”
Careers with a Management Degree
Recent graduates from our management program have accepted offers at firms such as:
- Deloitte and Touche
- Calamos Investments
- Project Leadership Associates
- McDonald's Corporation
- Kohl's Department Stores
For more information about careers in management visit our Career Services page.
Our faculty are committed teachers as well as active researchers in:
- Human resource management
- Entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurship
- Strategic management
- Organizational behavior
We count CEOs, authors, national education award winners and entrepreneurs among our top faculty.
Hands-on Learning Opportunities
Expand your knowledge and build friendships outside of the classroom. You can participate in several student organizations including:
- Collegiate Association of Unreasonable Social Entrepreneurs (CAUSE)
- Management Student Advisory Board (MSAB)
- Sigma Iota Epsilon (SIE)
- Society for the Advancement of Management (SAM)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Want to put what you learn into practice? All our management students are encouraged to complete an internship or two.