- Division of Academic Affairs
- Student Grievance
Formal Student Grievance
If a student believes a university employee has engaged in unprofessional or inappropriate acts or decisions which adversely affected the student in the academic or educational setting, they may file a formal student grievance. Please review the Student Grievance Procedures before filing the formal student grievance.
A formal student grievance may not be filed for the following:
- Sexual misconduct (including sexual harassment and Title IX matters)
- Discrimination or harassment based on a protected class (e.g., sex, gender, race, national origin, religion, disability, age, etc.) or retaliation
- Grade complaints, grade appeals, or issues concerning academic misconduct
- Incidents involving violence or threats of violence
- Any other matters that are expressly covered under other university, Board of Trustees, state, or federal procedures
Prior to filing a formal student grievance, please review the Student Grievance Procedures to ensure you have completed all required informal resolution procedures.
File a Formal Student Grievance
Division of Academic Affairs
Altgeld Hall 215
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115