Undergraduate Procedures for Withdrawing from the University

Students seeking a withdrawal from the university must initiate the withdrawal process with their major college advising office during the semester in which the student wishes to withdraw.

International students are required to comply with SEVIS Rules and Regulations by providing documentation to the International Student and Faculty Office. Prior to requesting a withdrawal through their college advisement office, all international-status students must contact the International Student and Faculty Office at (815) 753-1346.

All other students withdrawing from the university are required to: 

  1. Withdraw from the university through their college advisement office by filling out the withdrawal form
    The college advisement offices are listed below: 

    College of Business
    Barsema Hall 201
    Ms. Lori Marcellus, Director, Undergraduate Studies

    College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
    Zulauf Hall 201
    Mr. Steve Estes, Director of Academic Advising

    College of Visual and Performing Arts
    Music Building 141
    Ms. Melanie Parks, Acting Associate Dean

    College of Law
    Swen Parson
    Ms. Christina Raguse, Director, Budgets and Records

    College of Education
    Gabel Hall 138
    Ms. Margaret (Margee) Myles, Director, COE Student Services

    College of Health & Human Sciences
    Wirtz 227
    Ms. Sandi Splansky, Director, Academic Advising

    College of Engineering and Engineering Technology
    Engineering Building 318
    Dr. Omar Ghrayeb, Associate Dean, Outreach and Undergraduate Programs

    Undeclared Major
    Academic Advising Center
    Ms. Michelle Pickett, Director

  2. Check out from university residence halls within 24 hours of withdrawal from the university. (Check-out includes removing personal belongings, signing the room condition report, and returning keys, and must be done with a residence hall staff member. Students will continue to accrue charges if belongings are not removed)