A Sport for All!
We offer a variety of sport leagues and tournaments during fall and spring semesters. Form a team or join as a free agent. Reach out and we can help you get connected.
Intramural sports highlights:
- Fun competition
- Healthy spirit
Why participate in intramurals?
- Fun opportunity to be active
- Easy way to be involved on campus
- Great way to meet new people
- Avenue to display your athletic skills
Become an Official
Join our officiating team to gain leadership experience and get involved in the campus community. Officiating is a great way to earn extra money while expanding your knowledge of various sports' rules and regulations. Training is provided for each sport. Hours are flexible to your interest and availability. Previous experience is not necessary.
Visit our employment page for more specific job descriptions and NIU Recreation student employment information.
If interested in applying, please complete an interest form and we will contact you about training dates.
|3v3 Basketball||Aug. 19-Sept. 8||$40|
|Flag Football||Aug. 19-Sept. 8||$70|
|Sand Volleyball Tournament #1||Aug. 19-Sept. 8||$40|
|Sand Volleyball Tournament #2||Sept. 1-Sept. 15||$40|
|12” Softball||Aug. 19-Sept. 8||$70|
|Bag Toss||Aug. 19-Sept. 8||$20|
|Table Tennis Tournament||Sept. 14-Oct. 6||$10|
|Badminton||Oct. 5-Oct. 20||$20|
|Basketball||Oct. 5-Oct. 20||$70|
|Dodgeball||Oct. 5-Oct. 20||$30|
|Indoor Soccer||Oct. 5-Oct. 20||$70|
|Volleyball||Oct. 5-Oct. 20||$70|
|College Bowl Pick ‘Em||Nov. 23-Dec. 14||Free|
Upcoming EventsSee all upcoming events
Register Your IMLeagues Account
- Go to myrec.niu.edu
- Scroll down a little and select Intramurals
- If you’re not already signed in, a sign-in page will show. Select “Current NIU Students/Faculty/Staff”.
- Sign in via your Z-ID and password (you can choose for it to automatically log you in)
- Once you’re signed in, the Intramural portal should show up, then click on the IMLeagues logo.
- You will be taken to IMLeagues where you will then be able to finish registering your account.
- Once you’re done putting in your information, click “Complete” and your account will be finalized.
- Now, whenever you want to access IMLeagues, no matter how you try to log in, you will be taken to the IMLeagues SSO and will be able to sign via the logo/link
Sign Up for a Sport/Create a Team (Captain)
- Go to IMLeagues (sign in via the SSO on myrec.niu.edu)
- Select the sport you wish to join (current sports will be displayed)
- Choose whatever league/division you wish to join
- Click “Create Team”.
- You will then be prompted to sign a participation waiver, pick a team name, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the team information has been submitted, you will be prompted to take the Participant’s Quiz. You must pass the quiz with 100%.
- As a captain, you can invite people to your team via email
- Once you finish creating your team, you must pay online.
Join a Team
- Use the Create/Join Team button at the top right of the sport page that you wish to play
- Accept a request from the captain to join their team or find the team captain’s name on the division/league page and request to join.
- Once you accept the request or the captain accepts your request, you must take the participant quiz in order to join. You must pass the quiz with 100%.
- After you pass the quiz and accept the waiver, you will be a member of that team.
How to Pay
- Visit myrec.niu.edu.
- Sign in as a “Current NIU Student/Faculty/Staff”.
- Select the sport you wish to join.
- Register for the sport(s) you wish to join.
- Check out and pay via credit card.
- If you would like to pay with Huskies Bucks or charge your bursar account, email email@example.com.
- You will receive a confirmation email with more details.