Civil Service Emergency Fund

An emergency fund has been established to assist civil service employees who are facing economic crisis. The fund is overseen by a committee that works together to solicit donations for the fund, evaluate applications and distribute funds.


Please consider helping your fellow Huskies. You can give online on the NIU Foundation website by selecting the Civil Service Emergeny Fund in the "available designations" dropdown. 

You can also contribute by sending a check, with Civil Service Emergency Fund written on the memo line, to:
Northern Illinois University Foundation
Altgeld Hall 135
DeKalb, IL 60115-2882

Potential Recipients

Thank you for your interest in the Civil Service Emergency Fund. We are still fundraising, but hope to have an application available soon. Please provide your contact information and we will notify you as soon as sufficient funds have been raised and the application is live.

Contact Us

Operating Staff Council
Altgeld Hall 103

Frances Mitchell