Become a Mentee
Objectives and Expectations
- Ask for suggestions and advice early in the relationship
- You are expected to check their email on a daily basis for communication from the program or their mentor
- You will respond to contacts from the program or their mentors within 48 hours. Communication is the key to success!
- You will be on time for all meetings and events. If a scheduling conflict occurs, you must contact your mentor and/or program in advance to reschedule
- Have fun and make new friends!
Application Process (fall only)
We are now accepting applications, apply today!
- Must be a Latinx freshman and full-time student entering in fall 2019
- Must be available to meet Tuesdays from 4:30-6:30 p.m. for the academic year.
- Awareness and appreciation of all forms of diversity
- Commit three to five hours per week to your mentor and program
- Must commit to participate in the program for two consecutive semesters (fall 2019 and spring 2020)
- Have a role model
- "Been There, Done That" - Learn from someone who has traveled the path before you
- Receive good advice and academic guidance
- Increase skills in effective personal communication
- A source of referrals
- Expand your personal and professional network
- Attend meetings held Tuesdays from 4:30-6:30 p.m. for the academic year (fall 2019 and spring 2020)
- Maintain weekly contact with your mentor three to five hours per week
- Maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Comply with any other duties as assigned
For more information, contact email@example.com.
515 Garden Road
DeKalb, IL 60115
Main Office Hours
8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Latino Center Building Hours
8 a.m.–10 p.m.
8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.